UHD is committed to protecting the health and safety of all who visit our hospital and clinics, including patients, visitors and staff. Due to the presence of COVID in our community, we are temporarily enforcing the following expanded visitor restrictions:
UHD Hospital and Clinic Visitor Restrictions
UHD Hospital and Clinic Visitor Restrictions Visitors will be screened upon entry to the facility utilizing standard screening tool. If a visitor screens positive for any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, they will not be allowed to visit.
Visitors allowed must stay in the patient's room for the duration of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital.
Exceptions may apply as determined by department manager in collaboration with the attending provider.
- Patients are allowed one visitor per hospital visit. This visitor must be consistent throughout hospital stay.
- Obstetric patients are allowed 1 support person for the duration of their hospital stay.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life (regardless of COVID-19 status) will be allowed to have visitors in small, controlled groups which will be confined to the patient’s room or other appropriate, controlled location. If PPE is necessary for visit, nursing will assist and ensure visitors are educated and follow PPE precautions.
- Patients who require assistance: cognitive impairment, developmental delays, or disruptive behavior where caregiver or healthcare decision maker is key to providing care or safety (includes mobility challenged patients) are allowed one individual to be present.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, a parent and/or legal guardian.