||Occupational Therapy (OT) is a division of medical rehabilitation that works to increase function in order to improve daily task performance. OT involves indentifying muscle weakness, restrictions in soft tissues, and/or loss of range of motion due to poor posture, structural reasons, or an accident or injury.
UHD's Occupational Therapy services include:
- rehab of upper extremites, including shoulder, elbow and hand
- postural re-education
- strength, coordination, endurance training
- range of motion
- work simplification/energy conservation
- ergonomics/body mechanics training
- fabrication of splints for upper extremities
Who can benefit from Occupational Therapy at UHD?
- people with work related injuries
- car accident victims
- people suffering shoulder pain or dysfunction
- people with hand or elbow injuries
- people with orthopedic, stroke or neurological issues
If you feel that you or someone you know might benefit from UHD's Occupational Therapy services, a referral may be obtained through your family physician or chiropractor. Please feel free to contact the Occupational Therapy Department at 507-526-7963 should you or your healthcare provider have any further questions regarding referral or treatment options.