You may be able to get a third dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if any of these descriptions are true for you:
- You currently receive cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- You received an organ transplant and take medicine to suppress your immune system
- You received a stem cell transplant within the past 2 years or are taking post-transplant medicine to suppress your immune system
- A health care provider has diagnosed you with a moderate-to-severe primary immunodeficiency (like DiGeorge or Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- You have advanced or untreated HIV infection
- You currently take high-dose corticosteroids or other medicines that may suppress your immune system
If your condition or medication isn’t on this list and you think you have a moderately to severely weakened immune system, please contact your health care provider.
If you received the Janssen (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine, the CDC doesn’t recommend another dose at this time.